Thursday, April 2, 2009

G8 05 15

G8 05 15

Do you like... Do you prefer...


Practice

(Emulation: repeat after me)

Do you like living in the country? (Explain we do not usually say countryside)
No, I prefer to live in the city.
Yes, I prefer to live in the country.

Why do you like living in the country?
I like living in the country because it is quiet.

Do you like living in the city?
No I do not like living in the city/
Why don't you like living in the city?
Because it is noisy.

Do you like to play baseball?
Yes, I like to play baseball because it it fun.
No, I prefer soccer.
Why do you prefer soccer? I prefer soccer because I can run fast.

Why do you like to live in the country? Because the air is clean.\
Why do you like living in the country? Because it is quiet.

Do you like living in the city? No, I do not like it.
Do you like living in the country? Yes, it is so quiet.

Why do you like to exercise.
Because it keeps me healthy.
Why do you like to study?
Because I do well on my tests.

Performance

Ask each student the questions above.

Do you like to live in the country?
Yes - no.

Do you like to live in the city?

Why do you like to live in the city? the country?

Do you like to study? Do you like to play soccer?

Try to get them to use prefer/like/because

No comments:

Post a Comment