Monday, April 6, 2009

G8 05 14

G8 05 14

Why do you like.....?

Practice
Emulation: Have students repeat key phrases, either in a group or one by one.

(Key phrases - I like ..........because.... and Because......)


Do you like winter? Yes, I like winter.
Why do you like winter? I like winter because I can play in the snow.

Do you like Kimchi? Yes, I like Kimchi.
Why do you like Kimchi? Because it is spicy.

(Explain that in talking it is fine to simply answer "because...." in writing we use a complete sentence.)

Production

Ask students questions in the pattern - Do you like? ...... Why do you like?

Good questions are:

Do you like winter?

Do you like kimchi?

Do you like living in the country or in the city?

Do you like roses?

Do you like studying English?

Some classes (or students) may need prompted responses typed for them. Correct their responses if need be.

No comments:

Post a Comment