Wednesday, April 8, 2009

G7 03 09

G7_U03_09

Intro:

Hello everyone! Today we will discuss sports and how often you play them.

FYI – Students told me badminton is the most popular sport in Korea, and soccer comes in second. Baseball is also popular. Tae kwan do is Korean. They do not play American football.

Presentation:
Please repeat these common sports after me: badminton, ice skating, soccer, basketball, swimming, baseball, golf, tennis. Please repeat these time words after me: every weekend, every Thursday, once a week, every week, whenever I can. Please repeat these questions after me: What is your favorite sport? What do you like about _______? How often do you play?

Please listen to my example. What is your favorite sport? My favorite sport is ice skating. Why do you like ice skating? I like ice skating because it is good exercise indoors. How often do you go ice skating? I go ice skating every Tuesday.


Now, I will ask you each some questions about sports.

Me: What is your favorite sport?
Student answers
Me: What do you like about _______?
Student answers
How often do you play?
Student answers


Wrap up:

Can you name other sports in English that we did not talk about? Do you play?


Gamsamneeda! Take care! ahn-nyong-hee ga-se-yo. (Good-bye.)

No comments:

Post a Comment