Monday, April 6, 2009

G8 04 12

G8 04 12

I am worried; I need some advice
.

Practice

(Emulation: have student repeat pattern sentences.)

I am worried. I need some advice.
What is the problem? Don't worry.
I have some advice for you. (Explain that this is the same as:)
I'll give you some advice.

I got an F. I failed my test.
Oh, no! Cheer up!
I have some advice for you.
Why don't you study harder?
I'm sure you'll do better next time.
I will study harder and do better next time.

I don't know what to do. I need some advice. Please give me some advice.
Here's some advice.

Production

Explain scenario. You will greet student by saying: You look worried. He/she will respond. You can offer some possible answers, such as:

I am worried. I have a problem. I need some advice. Let all respond.

Switch roles: Speak to each student, saying something like:

I am so upset! I failed my test! or I don't know what to do! I got an F! etc.

Respond to each student appropriately (Thanks so much for the advice. That was a good idea. I will study harder. Thanks. etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment