Wednesday, April 1, 2009

G7 05 15

7 05 15

You should/You had better

Practice

Emulation: Have students repeat after me.

You should take the subway. You’d better take the subway.

You’d better take the subway.

Yes, I will take the subway. I’d better take the subway.

What is she doing now? She is riding the subway.

You should study more. You’d better study more.

Yes, I will study more. Yes, I should study more.

I’m going to meet my friend today.

We are going to study at the library.

The library is far from here.

You should take a subway. You should not walk.

Yes I should take the subway.

Yes, I’ll take the subway.

What is she doing? She is studying at the library.

Production

Ask each student a question and prompt the answer by typing, if needed.

What are you doing? Are you studying at the library? Yes, I am studying at the library.

You should take the subway. Will you take the subway?

Yes, I should take the subway.

You’d better take the subway. Will you take the subway?

What is she doing now? She is taking the subway?

Should you study more? Yes, I should study more.

Had you better study more? Yes, I had better study more.

Should [student] study more? Yes/No

Should I walk to the library?

Should I ride the subway?

Had I better read this book?

No comments:

Post a Comment