Wednesday, April 8, 2009

G8 03 08

G8_03_08

Intro:
Hello everyone! Today we will practice common expressions that are used when speaking to a server in a restaurant.

Practice:
I would like a cheeseburger please. I would like to change my order. May I take your order? Are you ready to order? I would like…fries with that, a coke. I would like a medium sized cola. I would like to eat in. I would like my steak well done. I would like some Italian dressing on my salad. I would like some potato soup as well. Thank you.

Production:
Please listen and answer.
Do together, and then call on individuals to answer independently. After an individual answers, have the whole group repeat it. (Lots of repetition.)

Ask someone for their order.
A: May I take your order?
Tell the server you want to change your order.
A I would like to change my order, please.
What would the server ask someone who is looking at the menu?
A: Are you ready to order?
Order a cheeseburger.
A. I would like a cheeseburger, please.
Ask someone if they want a drink with their order. (If yes, ask them what size.)
A. Would you like anything to drink? (What size drink would you like?)
Ask someone if they want fries or onion rings with their order.
A. Would you like fries or onion rings with that?
Ask someone if they would you like to eat-in or take-out (using different words).
Is that for here or to go?
Ask someone how they would like their burger cooked.
How would you like your burger cooked?
What do you say after you get your food?
A. Thank you.

Wrap Up:

Do you like to eat out? What is your favorite restaurant? What do you like to order in a restaurant? Gamsamneeda! Take care! ahn-nyong-hee ga-se-yo. (Good-bye.)

No comments:

Post a Comment