Sunday, May 24, 2009

G8 10 28

G8 10 28

Presentation: Today we will practice talking politely as a host and a guest. We will give suggestions and advice. We will make offers and ask about someone's interests.

Practice: (Emulation) Please repeat after me.

How about going for a walk? What about going for a walk?
Let's go for a walk? Why don't we go for a walk?

How about taking an art class?
How about visiting the library?

Why don't we play computer games?
Let's eat some ice cream.

Would you like to come to my house? No, thank you.
Would you like me to make some tea? Yes; thank you. That's very kind of you.
No thank you. I'm not thirsty.

Do you like desserts? Yes; I have a sweet tooth.
No; I don't. I don't like sugary food.

Production:

Give an invitation and ask students to respond politely.
Give students one example of an invitation. Have them repeat the invitation in another way.
Show a picture, and have the student transform that idea into a polite invitation to the student next to him/her. That student will reply politely and then give an invitation to the next student.

No comments:

Post a Comment