Wednesday, May 13, 2009

G8 08 23

G8 08 23

Presentation: We will practice giving advice using the pattern, "Why don't you...?"

Practice:

Emulation: Repeat after me.

I am sleepy. Why don't you go to bed?
I am hungry. Why don't you have a sandwich?
I have a terrible cold. Why don't you go see a doctor?
Tomorrow is my father's birthday. Why don't you buy him a present?
I am tired. Why don't you take a nap?
I am bored. Why don't you watch some Korean channels on TV?
I love my friends. Why don't you have a party with them?
I failed my exam. Why don't you find a tutor?
I like soccer. Why don't you play soccer with your friends?

Production:

Teacher will say something; students will give advice using the pattern. Type in prompts as needed.

I am sick. I have a headache. I failed my exam. I am bored. I want to play a sport.
I like soccer. I am hungry. I am sleepy. I like my friend. It is my brother's birthday. I have a lot of homework. I love computer games.

Time permitting, students can make the initial statement and let another student give advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment