Wednesday, May 6, 2009

G8 09 25

G8 09 25

Presentation: We will talk about Korea's four seasons.

Practice:

Emulation: repeat after me.

What is your favorite season?
My favorite season is spring because there are so many beautiful flowers.
Are you sure there are a lot of flowers in the spring? Yes; many flowers come up in the spring because of the sun and rain.
My favorite season is summer. I like summer because I can swim in the ocean. Are you sure the ocean here is safe for swimming? Yes; it is safe. There are rarely sharks here.
My favorite season is fall.
I like the red and yellow leaves.
Are you sure these leaves will change in the fall? Yes, I am sure. They change because there is less sunlight.
Are you sure they change because there is less sunlight?
My favorite season is winter. I like winter because I can go skiing.
Are you sure there will be enough snow for skiing? Yes; I am sure we will have high snowfall this winter.

Production:

Students will repeat individually.
Ask students to share their favorite season and why.
Students will answer questions about the seasons:

When do the leaves change color?
In what season do the flowers come up?
In what season can you play your favorite sport?
In what season do we get the most sunshine?
In what season is there the most snow?
When do people usually go ice skating?
What season is the coldest?
In what season do you have a vacation?
Ask "are you sure" questions to reply to student responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment