Monday, June 15, 2009

G8 14 41

G8 14 41

Presentation: Today we'll use the passive voice to talk about feelings.

Practice: (Emulation)

I was concerned about you.
I was bored with class today.
My mother was worried about me because I was late.
I was frightened by all the scary noises.
The teacher was surprised by his grades.
I am worried about my grades.
My sister was scared by a mouse.
The doctor was worried by the illness.
I was frightened by the storm.
She was surprised by his gift.
He was scared of asking questions.
I am bored with computer games.
He was worried by the storm.
I was bored by the lesson.
He was worried that I was sick.

Production:

We can say these things with the active voice, but we don't usually. Have students try this.

I was bored by the lesson. The lesson bored me.
I was scared to ask questions. Asking questions scared me.

Have students use the different vocabulary words in a sentence of their own. Give them a hint with a picture or with a word-hint.

No comments:

Post a Comment