Monday, June 22, 2009

G6 12 36

G6 12 36

Presentation: Today we will practice how to answer when people ask us for help. We can say we will help, and there are several ways to say that: Sure! Of course! Yes.
Sometimes we cannot help. Then we always start by saying we are sorry. We can also say why we can't help. Some common reasons are: I'm too busy. or I'm sick. or "I don't know how."

Practice:

Will you help me please? Sorry, I can't.
Will you help me please with fixing my bike? Sure.
Will you help me clean the house please? Sure, I will help you clean the house.
Will you help me with my homework? Sorry, I can't. I am very sick.
Will you help me; my car needs fixing. No problem! I will help you.
I do not speak English well. Will you help me read this menu, please? Of course I will help you.
Will you please help me clean my room? Sorry, I can't. I am very busy.
I do not speak Korean well. Will you help me read this menu? Sorry; I can't. I don't speak Korean well either!

Production:

Have students practice answering positively - "Sure" or "No problem" to a variety of the questions. Then have students respond negatively - Sorry, I can't, and explain that they are too busy or sick. It students seem able, have them extend their explanations to include "I don't know how." or "I don't have time. " etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment