Wednesday, June 17, 2009

G6 11 33

G6 11 33

Presentation: Today we will practice talking about what two different people are doing or want to do. We can put two sentences together with "but" to show that they want very different things.

Practice: (Emulation)

What does your sister want to do? She wants to sleep.
What do you want to do? I want to play.
I want to play, but she wants to sleep.
What do you want to play? I want to play baseball.
What does your friend want to play? He wants to play basketball.
I want to play baseball, but he wants to play basketball.
He wants to have a party. She wants to read.
He wants to have a party, but she wants to read.
She wants to dance. Sunny wants to play the violin.
She wants to dance, but Sunny wants to play the violin.
What do you want to eat?
I want pizza. My mom wants to eat salad.
I want pizza, but my mom wants salad.
What do you want to do? What does your father want to do?
I want to go fishing. My father wants to read the newspaper.
I want to go fishing, but my father wants to read the newspaper.

Production:

Show students a photo. Ask: What does he/she/you want to do? Get the answer.
Show a second photo and ask the question about a second person. Get the answer. Have the students put the two answers together in one sentence with the focus construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment